Thursday 24 November 2011

Hello!



I'm Kerri and tomorrow i will get the keys to my first house, tres exciting! I am going to update this blog with the story of my new house and random stuff along the way. I am 22 and waiting for the perfect job, until then i am working at a little village pub which i love. I will be living with my boyfriend James, who i met at Uni four years ago. We are buying a house 3 hours away from my family so this blog is for them to see whats happening with the house and to anybody else who happens to stumble across it.
The story so far
 The house has been a very sudden decision really, we had to be out of our rented place in 7 weeks and decided to buy rather than rent again - so here we are 6 weeks and 5 days later ready to pick up the keys! I wont lie, i was petrified at the though of buying a house. It was also very daunting, solicitors and mortgages seem very grown up and scary. However the rent round here is ridiculously expensive for a nice place and rent is more expensive than a mortgage so it made sense. I have now mostly got over the scared part and now i am very excited!
 We went to see a zillion houses in a very short amount of time and found that our budget just about covered 4 walls and a roof. One house had the plumping for a washing machine in the bedroom and the previous owners has literally taken everything including the kitchen sink.  It was very disheartening and we were ready to ditch the idea - until we found our granny pad. We instantly loved it, totally 50's (some would say 'vintage' others would say 'vile') but it has so much character and loads of potential. It came inclusive of net curtains, a serving hatch red tasseled lampshades, a leather bed with an inbuilt tea maid and a yellow bathroom but it just seemed perfect. I will make sure to take lots of before pictures when i get in as we already have loads planned for the next week and its going to change rapidly! We have a ridiculously small budget for doing the house up so its going to take loads of DIY but my Nan says that's the fun bit so it will all be fine.....
Here is a sneak peek at the house




Kerri xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment